CLOSE JOB DETAILS
Hourly / Non-Exempt
Banquet Manager / Banquet Captain
The Cosmos Club, founded in 1878, is a private social club for men and women distinguished in science, literature and the arts or public service. Members come from virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
A Banquet server is responsible for providing the highest quality of food service to our Members and Guests. This person is expected to learn about and understand the food being served as well as the proper service techniques to ensure top quality service. They are also expected to perform daily jobs as assigned by the Banquet Manager to maintain cleanliness and proper organization of the Banquet areas.
- Performs related banquet set-up and breakdown tasks
- Provides immediate attention to all Members and Guests upon seating
- When requested, takes beverage orders and serves all courses in specified station
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water and/or other beverages served with and after the meal
- Clears dirty dishes as needed
- Cleans all assigned work areas in kitchen and banquet spaces
- Clears the table before each course and re-sets all necessary glassware and silverware
- Advises the manager on duty of any member/guest complaints as soon as they occur
- Assists in closing functions by performing various tasks such as removing soiled linen, busing glasses, dishes, silverware, etc., and re-setting the room
- Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Manager on Duty
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times as a “goodwill ambassador” of the Cosmos Club
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- On call position (up to 20 hours per week on average)
- Flexible schedule needed: potential nights, weekends and holidays
- Includes paid time off
- Shist meals
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience
Cosmos Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cosmos Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cosmos Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cosmos Club employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Inquiries can be addressed to Carolyn Rehman, Human Resources Coordinator
- Previous experience as a Banquet Server in a similar environment preferred
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solver and team player
- Flexible with varying schedules to reflect business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull food trays, carts, chairs and tables up to 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation