CLOSE JOB DETAILS
Valet - Parking Attendant
Valet / Parking Attendant
Hourly / Non-Exempt
The Cosmos Club, founded in 1878, is a private social club for men and women disguised in science, literature and the arts or public service. Members come from virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genus or intellectual distinction.
The Parking Attendant is responsible for creating a welcoming first impression to all members and guests as they properly park their cars in the Club’s designated areas.
- Provides valet parking services, professionally moving guest’s automobiles to a designated parking location while following policies and procedures
- Assists with loading and unloading of luggage
- Assists members by answering questions promptly and courteously
- Escorts members to their vehicles to ensure safety
- Keeps valet area clean at all times
- Greets members and guests by name when possible
- Engages members and guests in conversation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- Part time position
- Flexible schedule needed: potential nights, weekends and holidays
- Includes paid time off and holidays
- Shist meals
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience
Cosmos Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cosmos Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cosmos Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cosmos Club employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Inquiries can be addressed to Carolyn Rehman, Human Resources Coordinator
Experience and Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a similar environment preferred
- Previous Valet experience preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to operated automatic and manual vehicles
- Must have an acceptable driver’s record
- Written and oral English skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.