CLOSE JOB DETAILS
Host or Hostess
Host / Hostess
Hourly / Non-Exempt
Dining Room Manager
The Cosmos Club, founded in 1878, is a private social club for men and women distinguished in science, literature and the arts or public service. Members come from virtually every profession that has anything to do with scholarship, creative genius or intellectual distinction.
The Host/Hostess assists the Dining Room Management Team in overseeing the greeting and seating of guests and ensures that member satisfaction standards are consistently attained.
- Greet and seat members and their guests upon arrival
- Answer the phone and take reservations when calls are transferred to the Garden Dining Room (GDR)
- Attempts to get to know member’s names, particularly those of frequent diners, and maintains a friendly, yet professional, rapport with members
- Assists GDR management team with seating chart for members and stations for servers and bussers
- Records when additional service supplies and small equipment are needed and places routine requisitions from the commissary
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times as a “goodwill ambassador” of the Cosmos Club
- Helps in the promotion of any and all Club events to all members
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- Part-time position
- Flexible schedule needed: weekends and holidays included
- Includes paid time off and holidays
- 401k benefits included
- Shift Meals
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience
Cosmos Club provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cosmos Club complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cosmos Club expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cosmos Club employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Required Education and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solver and team player
- Flexible with varying schedules to reflect business needs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull food trays, carts, chairs and tables up to 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation